Thursday, February 16, 2006

Wore out a Mighty Mouse in 3.5 months

My iMac was shipped with a Mighty Mouse back in November last year. I'm sorry to report that I wore out its little scroll ball in only three and a half months of use - it no longer gives a clicky sound when I'm rolling it down, and accordingly doesn't detect the roll. (Scrolling up, left, and right still function normally, only the most heavily used scroll down doesn't.) At $49 retail price this is no cheap mouse, so I kinda expected it to sustain more wear... Just phoned the Apple dealership and they promised the service guys will look at it...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, just found your blog after searching for a particular problem on my mighty mouse. (Not really related to your post). Anyway, have you tried cleaning the mouse? Read the post about using rubbing alcohol in this post: http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=1291147�.

It might be of some help :)