Friday, January 20, 2006

Public domain podcast

Public domain podcast. In its own words:


Great works read out loud in a weekly podcast. Authors include Mark Twain, Jules Verne, Edgar Allen Poe and many others. The website also includes links to public domain resources & topics of interest to literary and audiobook fans.


Just the thing I need to occupy myself while working out. Usually I just listen to the radio, but am always thinking about how I could use the time better if I were listening to something of more value than the mix of chitchat and popular music that's typically aired on local stations.

Too bad there's not a similar service for technical books. I.e. right now I could honestly have better use for an audiobook version of Code Complete 2 that I'm unable to finish reading for, like, two months now :-)

No comments: